IGTV means Instagram television. It’s a downloadable app integrated with an Instagram account. It has been a hit in 2019. In the past few months, it saw a 300% usage increase. It’s a great channel to show DIYs, product collections, and tutorials. These contents best resonate with Instagrammers. They also build meaningful connections. Here’s a guide to making the most of your IGTV marketing.
Starting with IGTV
Users need to download the IGTV app on their mobile device first. Then, they can log in or sign up via an Instagram account. The app automatically syncs on the account. A single IGTV upload on a mobile device is required to access IGTV on a desktop. After successfully logging in, users can upload, share, and watch videos.
IGTV Video Requirements
An IGTV video needs to be in the MP4 file format with a length not greater than 15 minutes for mobile device uploads and 60 minutes for web uploads. The videos are designed for vertical viewing, so, the ideal aspect ratio is 9:16. If you’re going to use horizontal videos, the ideal aspect ratio is 16:9.
Uploading IGTV Videos
There are three ways to upload an IGTV video
- Use the Instagram feed’s camera roll or gallery button
- Use the IGTV button at the right side of an Instagram feed
- Use the Plus button (+) below an Instagram feed
Video Ideas for Your IGTV Channel
- Educate your customers about a product or service.
- Guide buyers through DIYs or tutorials.
- Post lively and relevant holiday content.
- Show a sneak peek of what’s happening in your company.
- Showcase a product launch.
Best Practices on IGTV
- A professional IGTV look uses an eye-catching but relevant cover image. The recommended image size is 420 X 654 pixels.
- An effective IGTV practice is to consistently upload videos to engage followers. Visibility on IGTV increases brand discovery.
- Experiment with ideas, layouts, and structures to increase viewership.
- Add text captions on IGTV videos to optimize viewership. They’re a good teaser to drive the audience’s curiosity.
Best Tools for IGTV Videos
The following are the best editing tools you can use to create amazing IGTV videos:
- Canva for IGTV cover photos
- Inshot for video on-the-go editing
- Premiere Pro by Adobe for adding music and text on videos.
- Snappa for online graphics.
- Wave for repurposing edited videos.
Implications for Marketers:
This guide to IGTV marketing can help marketers boost a brand’s presence on Instagram. They should focus on creating IGTV videos that hook the target audience in discovering the value of a brand. It’s an easier option. There’s no need for sophisticated cameras. With just a phone and an idea, you can post on IGTV video and directly connect with your audiences.