Announcing YouTube Top Ads Leaderboard for 2020. It’s a list of the platforms most liked, shared, and viewed video ads.
First off, YouTube celebrated its annual fanfest last 02 November 2020. It’s a virtual event participated by the biggest YouTube sensations both on-screen and on the live stage. The main part of the event is dancing with Matt Steffanina, a famous choreographer and dancer.
Second, YouTube introduced other ad formats making the competition stiffer. These include audio ads, mid-roll ads, and non-monetized ads. With the said additions, YouTube ads generated more than 470 million views and 1.3 million likes.
Before the year-end, YouTube announces its Top 10 Ads in the Leaderboard. These are:
- Never Too Far Down | You Can’t Stop Us | Nike
- Loretta | Google Super Bowl Commercial 2020
- Smaht Pahk | 2020 Hyundai Sonata | Hyundai
- LOST & CROWNED | A Clash Short Film
- TurboTax 2020 Super Bowl Commercial “All People Are Tax People Remix” (Official:45) TV Ad
- The whole working-from-home thing — Apple
- NEXT 100 || NFL Super Bowl LIV Commercial
- Aunt Infestation – GEICO Insurance
- First-Ever GMC HUMMER EV | “Horsepower”
- Jimmy Works It Out | Michelob ULTRA | Super Bowl LIV
Superbowl video ads
As observed, the list features several Superbowl video ads but it was Nike who took the number 1 spot the 2nd time around. Nike’s You Can’t Stop Us is about the power of resilience. It highlights the return of Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods, and other sports personalities. The number 2 spot goes to Superbowl’s Loretta which is a true story of an 85-year-old man, the Grandfather of a Google employee. It highlights how Google products helped the old man keep his late wife's memory.
Implications for Marketers:
YouTube Top Ads Leaderboard is something marketers should look into. These video ads can guide them to create stories that appeal to the masses. As such, creating similar ads can lift brand awareness and discovery.
#youtube ads 2020 #youtube ad production #youtube leaderboard #youtube ads leaderboard